Village Information for New Residents
· Village Hall is open Monday -Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
· Water Bills are mailed on the 1st day of each month and are due on the 21st of the same month. A 10% late fee is added to bills paid after the 21st. Automatic water bill payment is available , a payment drop box in the Village Hall Municipal Complex parking lot is available for after-hours payments, and online bill pay is available.
· Rubbish Pick-Up is every Monday*. Rubbish can be placed at the curb after 4:00 pm Sunday, but no later than 6:00 am Monday. Garbage cans must be brought in before 10:00 p.m. Monday. Pick-up of large items (i.e. appliances) must be called in to Arc Disposal (847-981-0091). Residents are not billed for rubbish pick-up. If interested, both 68-gallon and 95-gallon garbage carts are available for lease upon request at the current cost of $2.00 per month. For further information, please call 630-773-0835.
· Recycling Pick-Up is every Monday*. Recycling bins are available through Arc Disposal (847-981-0091). Residents are not billed for recycling pick-up.
· Yard Waste Pick-Up is every Monday* from April through November. Yard waste must be in biodegradable paper bags or a reusable container clearly marked “Yard Waste.” Residents are not billed for yard waste pick-up.
· Branch / Brush Pick-Up is every Monday* from April through November. Branches must be a maximum of 4' in length and 4' in diameter and placed neatly at the curb. Residents are not billed for branch / brush pick-up.
* Rubbish, recycling, yard waste and branch/brush pick-up on Memorial Day and Labor Day will be on the Tuesday following the holiday. When Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Independence Day fall on a Monday, pick-up will also be on the Tuesday following the holiday.
· Street Parking between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am is prohibited. Contact the Itasca Police Department at 630-773-1004 for permission to park overnight.
Vehicle Stickers are no longer required for residents of the Village of Itasca.
· Dog Licenses must be purchased at the Village Hall. The current annual fee for a dog license is $3.00 per dog and is renewable January 1st each year with completed form. A current rabies certificate is required for the license.
· The Village News newsletter is published bi-monthly. Copies are mailed to each residence with additional copies available at the Village Hall.
· Voter Registration and Absentee Voting is available at the Village Hall. Two (2) forms of identification are required; one with a photo and one showing the current residential address. Voter registration is closed 30 days prior to an election. Voter registration cards will indicate your appropriate polling place.
· Residential and Business Alarms must be registered with the Itasca Police Department. Registration forms are available at the Itasca Police Department or at the Village Hall.
· Quarterly Metra Parking Permits are available at the Village Hall for the quarters beginning January, April, July and October. The current cost for incorporated Itasca residents is $50.00 per quarter; non-residents and unincorporated residents is $75.00. Daily parking is currently available for $1.25 per day. First-time permit purchasers must apply in person.
· Proposed construction and/or remodeling require consultation with Community Development. Façade changes within the Itasca Historic District must have Itasca Historical Commission review and approval.