Spring Brook Nature Center rents snowshoes. We rent snowshoes Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to the public. School groups and scout groups, call to arrange a date Monday through Sunday. So, brush off those winter blues, get outside and try something different. There just has to be at least 3 inches of snow on the ground.
Required Items to Rent Snowshoes
To rent Snowshoes, you'll need the following items:
- A valid driver's license, school ID or library card
- Groups need only 1 piece of ID
- $5 per person
- Last checkout time is 3:30 p.m.
- All snowshoes must be returned by 4:30 p.m.
We have several different styles and sizes of snowshoes. If you can walk, we've got snowshoes that will fit you.
Damaged Items Fee
You are responsible for replacing any damaged items:
- Snowshoe (each) - $30
- Binding (each) - $10
- Shoelace / strap - $1
- Stay on trails
- Stay on flat, level ground
- Avoid ice patches and open water such as the creek and ponds (even if they are frozen)
- Always keep your snowshoes buckled
- Dress warmly or come inside to avoid frostbite
- Wear flat-heeled boots